Thursday, August 03, 2006

Joo with mommy-popo and Ye Ye

I usually take whole-week off to give MIL a break bi monthly. Was supposed to go on leave week commencing July 31st (except Thurs and that was hubby's turn to take....) Sent MIL back to Melaka and my parents followed me to KL for holiday. Joo doesn't mix with them a lot and therefore, she's closer to PIL than Mommy-popo and Yeye. Oops, my mom wants her to call mommy-popo instead of 'wai po' coz my mom doesn't like the word 'wai' (means, outside). Haha.

For the first 2 days, Joo was doing fine with them. As for PIL, Joo was like 'out of sight, out of mind' and never mentioned about them at all. On Wednesday, there was a urgent meeting in the office and I left Joo with my parents and cancelled my leave. When I came back, she was doing very fine. Infact, not so lao-kai compare to the time with MIL.

She's also very fine with my mom's vegetarian cooking and my dad's sense of humour. I cancelled the rest of my leaves and went back to work....

6 comments:

chanelwong said...

it is good to have her be able to get use with both grandparents...

She call your parents PohPoh and YehYeh? Jeriel calls Paternal YehYeh/MahMah and Maternal KongKong/PohPoh

Anonymous said...

My Jo not closer to my PIL but ok with my parents.

So you can update your blog more frequently lol!

vichelle said...

Chanel, we r not cantonese so not use to calling mahmah. my nieces and nephew couldn't pronounce 'kong-kong' when they were young that's y they started off with ye-ye. Joo also follow them lor.
Huisia, how r u over there? I will try my best to update my blog...
hey, I still dunno how to link you guys' blog in mine :-(

Anonymous said...

it's good that Jo can easily adapt to ur parents so fast :).

yalah..better update more often :P.

chanelwong said...

need help with the links? That one I can help, if more difficult then must ask others like jazzmint, michelle...

vichelle said...

chanel, u thot me before but just too complicated. Can u just give me some idiot proof steps. My aim is to link all your blogs on my page so that any one time I can click....currently so susah leh...

Better still, if it can blink whenever there's updates....but i duno if it's possible :-)